Sunday 15 October 2017

Poinsettia Tilda - A New Challenge At LHOSM

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
Once again it's time for a new challenge over on the Lovely Haenglar or Sweet magnolia blog.
For one whole month our challenge theme is..............USE TRIM
(Pearl trim, seam binding, lace, twine, organza rose trim, pom pom trim etc)

Our wonderful sponsor is The Rubber Buggy

 I have made a Christmas card for my Niece.

I used Poinsettia Tilda from Magnolia Aspen Holidays 2016 Collection available to buy at
Swedish House Crafts
The image is stamped with memento rich cocoa ink onto Bristol board extra smooth cardstock, and cut out using a Joy Crafts Noor! oval.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor & Polychromos pencils.


For the shape of my card, I used Gokreate large frame frilly #2, and Maja Design "Vintage Frost Basics" papers available to buy at Swedish House Crafts
I lightly sanded the edges of the papers.
Other dies used are; Marianne Design Anja's Vintage decoration, Spirit of Christmas snowflake border, Joy Crafts ice crystal circle, Sizzix holiday greens, Magnolia Doohickey bloomy tag, and the trees are from Magnolia Doohickey box Vol 12.

You can pre order Vol 17 & Vol 18 at present  from Swedish House Crafts HERE
If you do decide to pre order. Don't forget to use discount code DONNASAID5OFF to get your 5% off


A close look at the flower arrangements, and trees.
I place Sizzix holiday greens in among the larger arrangement. Everything thing has has a dusting of Snow - Tex.
I die cut the trees using the design papers, and adhered a tiny red pearl to the centre of the stars.


A close look at Poinsettia Tilda.
I stamped the inside of the oval with an IndigoBlu stamp, and adhered a string of 3mm pearl bead string around the outside.
I dotted Tilda's cheeks, and the leaves on the poinsettia with a white gelly roll pen.


Inside the card is decorated.

We would love you to come along, and join in with our current challenge.
Don't forget Magnolia or Haenglar images only.

The challenges closes on Friday 10th November so there is plenty of time to enter.

My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop over HERE for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenge's;

Thank you for stopping by to visit today, and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs















2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful creation! So many beautiful details that you want to consider for a long time. I like the combination of blue and red - I love it for the New Year! Thank you for sharing with us Midweek magnolia, hugs, mlarisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Donna. Lovely design and embellished. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete