Monday 11 September 2017

Swedish House Crafts - Pion - Mister Tom's Treasures


Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well?
I'm here today to share my DT card for Swedish House Crafts
I have made a male 50th Birthday card using some of the gorgeous papers from 
Pion - Design Mister Tom's Treasures.
In general I don't make Male cards because as you probably know I love making girly cards with pretty lace, and flowers.
Suha, the store owner at Swedish House Crafts recommended the collection, and to my surprise it worked out really well, and I am very happy with what I achieved.
Links to the products that I used are in text, and can be found at the end of my post.

Here is my card.


To make the base of my card I used 300gsm Ivory cardstock.
I designed the layout of the card by cutting, and matting various designs from Mister Tom's Treasures 12" x 12" papers.and layered each of them onto the front of the card with glue, and 2mm foam tape.
 Prior to assembling the front of the card I die cut some of the papers using Gummiapan stitched banners thinner dies, and placed them between the base of the card at the top, and left side.
I distressed the edges of the papers with a paper distressing tool, and inked the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.


I made a key fob to go onto the tag with number plates from he collection, and hung them with silver plated jump rings, silver plated chain, and a bronze coloured brad.


I cut around a large pocket watch, and small watch face from the collection, and adhered the face to the centre of the pocket watch.
Again, I have used silver plated jump rings, and chain to hang from the pocket watch.
I used glossy accents on the watch face to add some dimension.


I cut around one of the images from Pion Design - Images from the Past - Mr Tom's Treasures, and used 2mm foam tape to adhere it to the postcard.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from my collection of cling stamps, and the number 50 I have die cut using Memory Box classic numbers dies.
The tiny wooden stars are from my stash!


Inside the card is decorated to compliment the front.

I hope that I have inspired you to have a go at creating a Male card using some of the papers from Mister Tom's Treasures.

If you clink onto the links at the end it will take you directly to the products that I have used.

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope that you like what you see?



























2 comments:

  1. WOW Donna, this is fabulous! I love the design and it makes a wonderful male card. The papers are awesome!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supercool male card Donna. Love how you put the paper together.
    Hugs from Elin

    ReplyDelete